Autumn’s Birth
The day is warm and yet the internal chill I felt seems inescapable. Easing the smoke from the cheap cigar into my lungs, I ponder the reason for my dilemma. With a soft glance, I peer out the window to capture the quietly swaying leaves waving a fond farewell to the summer. The traffic slowly picks up its pace and begins sounding as a stream filled with eddies and currents. My mind caught between vague desire and the urge for activity. Saddened am I that summer will be ending soon. Exhaling the noxious fumes from my lungs in array of grey and blue circles and rings, I sigh deeply. Music falls to my ears from somewhere unseen as I smile despite myself. Summers in New England can be long, hot and muggy. Winters can be harsh, wet and white. In either case, I have found there is a piece of Goodness found in every passing moment.
The dreams of yesterday are today’s reality. Yesterday was one of laughter, strength, hope and the faint whisper of magnificence to come. Today is the sweet remembrance of that promise and though my eyes feel the impulse to weep, I smile in my mind because the tears mean I am still alive. Choices I have made, wonder I have seen, and the glorious splendor that waits make everything worthwhile. Life is always worth living, and never a moment truly goes by wasted.
No comments:
Post a Comment