"I must confess right here the type of fame I've gotten wasn't what I had in mind. After all," the man with the narrow eyes and ultra thin body explained to a bunch of mindless gangsters, "it's not everyone who finds themselves trapped in an elevator for 300 hours. After I sobered up I realized that I'd made a slight error. The media types however, have a way of making you think that I planed the entire thing and should be a target of sympathy for the injuries I suffered as a result." He grinned at the crowd to make sure they were all on the same page before continuing. "The fact is that I have learned fame for the wrong reason is worse than being considered a nobody. Yeah, I whacked my head pretty good and had to go to the hospital. So what? Hospitals are full of, dig this, sick people. Bottom line my friends, I never planned any of this. Since then I've figured out there are no accidents in this world, only choices. Some of the best choices I've made have been because of misinformed ideas. Fame is a silly fickle chicken running from her shadow into a field of molasses."
He winked and tied a plastic cape around his neck. Then donned a bright yellow belt before dropping off the side of the gondola and into the water.
No comments:
Post a Comment